Medical insurance will cover medically necessary massage if it is part of your plan's benefits. Some plans will require that you have a prescription from your PCP (Primary Care Provider), while others do not. Plan benefits and coverage vary greatly, and so it is important to call your insurance plan's customer service number and talk to a representative about your specific plan.
I accept most medical insurance, some as an in-network provider, and some as an out-of-network provider, including:
- Alternare Network
- American Chiropractic Network
- American Whole Health Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
- First Choice Health (1st Choice)
- Group Health*
- Group Health Options, Inc. (FCHN)
- Health Care Direct Network
- Healthways Network
- Mutual of Omaha (FCHN)
- Premera/Blue Cross
- Regence Blue Shield*
- US Family Health Plan - More Benefits Discount Program
Insurance marked with an asterisk (*) are billed as out-of-network, all others listed are billed as in-network. Your insurance plan may or may not provide for out-of-network providers and benefits. Please check with your insurance company to verify your coverage. If you do not see your medical insurance company listed, please call me at 206-234-9929 to discuss your plan.
I no longer can bill Uniform Medical Plan for my massage therapy clients. Their network has changed significantly in 2011.
If medical insurance will be covering the payment of your session(s):
- Before your first appointment, please verify with your insurance:
- Massage therapy provided by a massage therapist as a plan benefit. Some plans only allow for massage therapy provided by a doctor, chiropractor, or physical therapist... make sure that is not your plan.
- Your current deductible and co-pay for your plan.
- Verify Mark Pearlscott is listed as an in-network, or preferred provider. If not, find out what your plan's coverage is for out-of-network massage therapy.
- Bring the following with you to your first appointment:
- Prescription from your PCP (Primary Care Provider) if required by your plan.
- Identification (driver's license/state ID)
- Medical insurance card
- Co-pay (if applicable)
- Payment for the session if your insurance plan has a deductible that has not been fulfilled. Deductibles are renewed each year, or at the start of a new policy. Please contact your insurance company to find out if you have a deductible, and whether it has been fulfilled.
- For follow-up appointments, please bring:
- Co-pay (if applicable)
- Deductible (if applicable)
I know that getting your insurance to cover the therapy you need can seem to be a daunting task... If you need help verifying your coverage, I will be happy to assist you. Please call me at 206-234-9929.